Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things I should've figured out a long time ago!

I've worked some things out, both in my mind and with other people:

1. I got my first appointment set up for the 20th. They didn't tell me what all was going to be part of the appointment, so I really hope they do the ultrasound so I can find out if this little person inside me is a boy or a girl!

2. We have just about everything for Medicaid figured out, except that Jason has yet to receive his first pay stub. I really hope he gets it soon so that we can turn all the information in and get health coverage for me and Andrew!

Those were the things I worked out with other people. Here's what I worked out in my mind:

1. When I get myself physically ready in the morning (ie getting dressed, doing hair and makeup, etc), I feel so much better the rest of the day. Unfortunately, I've gotten into the habit of doing nothing because I didn't have energy or time to "fix" myself, but when I don't take care of myself, I have a hard time caring about anything else! I'm trying to get better at taking care of myself so I can take care of Andrew, Jason, and the house better! Has anyone else found themselves getting in that rut?

And here's a picture of my little funny guy. He's wearing my fluffy purple socks! They look like leg warmers on him!


Alright, I'm off to get Andrew dressed so we can go for a walk in this beautiful Ohio (almost fall!) weather!

PS. My birthday is tomorrow! I'm pretty excited, although I've already gotten my birthday present - I got to go see the play Wicked with my mom last month! So much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! It's too bad you're across the country, I would bring over some cookies for you! You know how I love any excuse to bake. :)
    Also, in answer to your question, yes, I definitely get in a rut where I don't feel as much motivation to get ready for the day. I think it's because once we have kids, we usually don't spend much time outside of our little bubble, which is hard sometimes because you WANT a reason to get all gussied up! But I agree, I feel so much better when I take care of myself and I'm a much better mom and wife, and just a lot happier in general. It probably happens to everyone and then you slowly get back on track and that's what matters. But it's a good realization, to realize that when you put yourself first you seem to have a lot more energy to do everything else!

    ReplyDelete