Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

"The only source of knowledge is experience." -Albert Einstein

So, what knowledge did we attain today? Read about our experience today.

We normally don't go out for Black Friday, partly because most of what we would want we'd have to show up for at 3am, and partly because we don't like the crowds. We'd much rather not take risks and get things online whenever we feel like it!

Well, we braved it today. Not early in the morning, but around 10:30 this morning, we went to Kohl's. We came away with one of these for Jason:



...and a pair of these for Andrew:


We didn't get that exact suit or those exact boots, but I couldn't find the exact ones online to show you.

Anyway, I just wanted to boast a little. Because of the big Black Friday sale and an extra 15% off coupon we had, we were able to buy the suit and the boots for $103! That is just ridiculous. I mean, if we had gone any other day, that stuff would've cost us probably $200. Or more!

Moral of the story: We might be going out every year for Black Friday! Maybe not for the big items everyone else, but for things that we might've been putting off getting for a while. Or maybe Christmas presents. Or Andrew's birthday presents (since his birthday is five days after Christmas).

Secret: I've been listening to Christmas music since September. I start that early every year. If you have a problem with that, sorry! I think Christmas music is too beautiful to restrict to just one month a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment