Today, I took David to his 1-month checkup. I am happy to report that he is a healthy, growing little guy! I had a few concerns, but the doctor made me feel better. For example, David has had this crusty yellow stuff coming from his eyes since he was about a week and a half old, and I was a little worried there was something wrong. Apparently that's pretty normal, and just means that his tear ducts are plugged. He should be completely over it in a couple of months. Hurray! Also, she didn't mention anything about David looking jaundiced at this appointment, so I think he's all good now. That makes me really happy because it worried me for a few weeks.
And now, the information you're anxiously awaiting - the stats:
- He weighs 11 lbs 5 oz, 75th percentile
- He is 22 inches long, 50th percentile, and
- I can't remember his head size or percentile, but I know that it's something like 15 1/2 inches and 30th percentile...
So there's hope that David's head won't be as big as Andrew's! Yay! Haha. Andrew just has a MASSIVE head and always has. :)
On another subject...
As you can probably tell from my quote, I've recently been bit by the reading bug again. I'll go through this reading kick every once in a while, and I think it's back. My sister, Susette, had me borrow a book from her called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I know. It sounds weird. I thought the same thing, and it deterred me from reading it for probably a month. But I got the reading bug, and I still hadn't read the book, so I just sucked it up and gave it a shot.
I loved this book. It was just SO good. I was hooked after the first page. If you want to know what it's about, here is the book description from Barnes & Noble. I highly recommend that you read it.
To continue this reading kick, I went to the library yesterday with Jason, Andrew, and David, and picked out a couple books to read. I went with a book I'd already read:
and one I'd gotten halfway through, but hadn't been able to finish before having to turn it back in to the library last time:
I realized it had been such a long time since I'd been to the library, I didn't even know what kinds of books I wanted to read, only that I wanted to. So I stuck with what I knew, requested a book that I found some time ago and haven't read yet, and decided to check out the library's catalog at a later time so I could figure out what other books I wanted to read.
PLEASE, if you so feel inclined, recommend to me some of your favorite books! I usually stick to teen fiction (because it's so fun!), but I might be up to reading something different. :)
Day 18 - Plans/dreams/goals you have
- live a life my parents, kids, and I can be proud of
- take more chances, because I'm way too comfortable in my comfort zone
- get over my love of unhealthy food
- lose weight so I can be my "healthy BMI" weight - or within 5 lbs of it
- read more books
- enjoy each phase of my childrens' lives
- have more patience
- enjoy life NOW instead of looking forward to some future day "when I'll finally be happy", such as when Jason finishes school for good, when we live in our own house, when we can afford a nice car that's newer than a 2000...
- you know... stuff like that.
Secret: I used to rather eat an apple than a chocolate chip cookie. Now, I just think, "I wish I still felt that way!" Haha.



Kaelyn had plugged tear ducts too. I can't remember when hers went away, but she was at least 3 months but I'm thinking a little bit more.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with enjoying life now and taking chances! It is definitely something I am putting into place in my own life.
I recommend joining Goodreads. Awesome resource. Love that site.
Check out Poison Study by Maria Snyder. I enjoyed that book. Actually, I'm enjoying all of Maria Snyder's books. My favorite genre is teen/YA fantasy. So I'm right there with ya!
Potato Peel Society is on my list to read. Valerie loved it and then Kimmi read it and loved it. I just haven't gotten to it yet.
I love that you have such a deep love for reading. Have you read, The Help? It's a goodie and is definitely worth reading. It's not teen fiction but maybe you'll like it anyways. Sounds like David is growing perfectly! You and I both know how it is to have babies with big heads. Ha.
ReplyDeleteCash had blocked tear ducts for 6 months. it drove me crazy cuz he always looked crusty and bummy! Hopefully Davids goes away sooner than that.
ReplyDeleteYou've probably already read them, but the hunger games books are awesome! Another book I read a while ago that I really loved was deception point by dan brown. so there ya go, a couple of ideas :-)
Oh fun- we're reading that first book for our book club this month!!
ReplyDeleteI read Guernsey and really liked it too! Right now I'm reading These Is My Words, and it's a great story.
ReplyDelete