And a few more quotes, because I feel like it:
"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush." -Doug Larson
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." -Anne Bradstreet
and...
"Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world." -Virgil A. Craft
Sorry for the spring-ey quotes. It's been a little bit warmer here the last few days, and I'm starting to feel how seriously I need to break out of this house!
It's the beginning of March!
I can't believe how quickly time is going. I feel like it was yesterday that I was graduating from high school. Sometimes I look at my life, see the numbers the year and my age have become, and wonder where the time has gone. I'm not a teenager anymore? I'm married? I have TWO kids? What? How did all of this happen? Do you ever feel that way?
Anyway, to tell the truth, not a whole lot has changed around here the last few weeks. We've quickly adjusted to having a newborn in the house, and life almost seems "normal" now, or as normal as it can seem when a huge life change has come. David, with the exception of maybe 2 nights, has been an excellent sleeper, and I have high hopes that sometime in the next month or so, he'll be sleeping through the night. (Ok, now that I've jinxed myself...)
Alright, so I lied. Something kinda big has happened. I'm not sure if I told you or not, but Jason has officially narrowed down his masters program search to two schools, both of which he's heard back from and has been accepted to (yay!) - THE Ohio State University, and the University of Texas in Dallas. We're planning on attending the open houses for both schools, which should hopefully help us make our final decision. Ohio State's open house is a week from this Friday, and the Texas open house is on Friday the 25th. Jason and I are attending the one at OSU, but all four of us AND my parents are driving down to Texas so that Jason and I can go to the Texas open house! I'm excited! We'll be getting out of the house, we'll get to explore a new city, we'll be warm... yes, it all sounds very good to me. :)
As another topic of interest, if you haven't looked at my Facebook pictures lately, you should! I'll only post a few of them here because the rest of them are on Facebook, but we had a photo session with a girl from church for David when he was a week and two days old! The pictures are adorable, and if you like them, look up the photographer and book a session with her because she's AWEsome. :) Here's her site: www.ameliaevephotography.com.
Anyway, here are a few of the pictures of my handsome dude:
Cute bear hat!
Little tootsies!
All wrapped up. So THAT'S how he fit in my belly!
I love the hats she had!
A cute little pose!
Ta Daaaaa! Feel free to comment on how cute he is. :) *sigh*
Secret: I'd never eaten a steak before when I had it for the first time the summer Jason and I got engaged. Weird, huh?









Love the pictures melody! He is adorable! Ok and we loved Dallas. We lived in north Dallas and the church is very strong there. The wards are huge and there are tons of young lds moms and kids. So if you guys do end up there let me know and i'll let you know some great areas! Hope it all goes well :)
ReplyDeleteActually I think university of Texas is in Austin but Austin is the coolest city. Either way we loved Texas and I would move back if we could! Good luck with the decision!
ReplyDeleteHe is so stinkin cute! I love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What an adorable little boy! I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete