Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day + Day 2

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." -Mildred B. Vermont

and

"The phrase 'working mother' is redundant." -Jane Sellman

and

"Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly." -Ambrose Bierce

and

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." -Sophia Loren

I have the computer again! I'm not sure if Jason just forgot it, or what... But I'm not going to complain!

Mother's Day was good! Jason got me chocolates and two movies, although one of the movies is still on its way here. The one that's here already is Holiday Inn! I had given Jason a short list of relatively cheap things I wanted for Mother's Day, but he was sneaky and looked at a list I have on our computer of movies that I've wanted for a long time and saw Holiday Inn on the list. He's a nice husband. :)

Also, my parents got me a card that had a picture of a mother playing with her child. It said, "No, REALLY, go hide. I'll come get you!" And on the inside it said something along the lines of, "Hope you get some deserved peace and quiet today!" Haha. I loved it. Because seriously, the only time this apartment is quiet is after the boys are asleep at night.

My loud boys taking their bath on Saturday:



Day 2 - 10 likes and dislikes

Dislikes:

1. Coconut.
2. Brussels Sprouts.
3.The uncertainty of the future.
4. Being poor - if one thing would give me gray hairs at a young age, this would be it! And my children...
5. Teaching. It never goes well!
6. Talking on the phone. I know, you're wondering if I'm really a girl right now.
7. Confrontation.
8. Movies that make me cry. I mean, I probably really DO like them, but I refuse to watch them again because they make me cry. Except Armageddon. I'll watch that one over and over.
9. When songs from Andrew's TV shows get stuck in my head...
10. Finding a book that's the first of its series and the next book won't come out for a year. That makes me angry.

Likes:

1. Desserts. This, my friends, really will be my downfall...
2. The smell of book stores. Or really, just book stores themselves make me smile.
3. Living so close to my family - I live within 10 minutes of one of my sisters, and 20 minutes of my parents!
4. Good surprises, like random presents for no reason, or spontaneous ice cream runs.
5. A "stand alone" book. I have come across WAY too many series lately. I just want a book that I can  
pick up, read, finish, and be satisfied with because it's FINISHED.
6. When both of my boys are miraculously taking naps at the same time! It's like heaven!
7. When the boys make each other laugh. Mostly, Andrew makes David cry, so when they're laughing together, that's a happy moment.
8. Hearing the words, "We're out of debt!" Unfortunately, I've only heard those words once since we've been married...
9. Being able to sit through all of my church meetings.
10. Hanging out with old friends after not seeing each other for a long time and feeling like we're picking things up right where they left off.

Secret: We watch more TV (really, Netflix Instant Streaming on our Wii) than is healthy. I'd tell you just HOW much, but then I'd be really embarrassed. And hey, you gotta keep some secrets a secret, right?

2 comments:

  1. That quote about the sweater being something a child puts on when his mother is chilly is sooo true! And hilarious! It can be 70 degrees outside but if I'm cold then I'm SURE Hunter must be too! :)

    It's been so fun reading all about you and what you're up to. You are a lot like me, especially how we both love desserts and bookstores. Oh, and we also watch a lot of Netflix. An unhealthy amount. What more can you ask for in life? :)

    ReplyDelete