Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Well, Hello There!

"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" -Bob Hope

I LOVE this time of year! Christmas, to me, (outside of Christ, of course) is all about the tree and its smell, baking cookies, building gingerbread houses, going caroling, the anticipation of someone opening a present you got them, and maybe even getting something you want and don't just need. It's about sweaters, eggnog, snuggling under blankets, and being with family.

Yep, I love it all! I'm so excited Christmas is almost here! It's my favorite! I just wish my house was cleaner so I could really decorate for it.

On a side note, we won't have a tree this year. :( We've had two artificial trees over the last three years, both SUPER old and in bad shape. We decided not to keep either of them, both because of lack of storage space and because they were seriously falling apart. Not cool. Since we're still having the space predicament and the fact that we're not going to be spending Christmas here anyway, we decided against a tree. Although, honestly, it probably won't quite feel like Christmas without one.

Onto a completely different topic - One Direction! They recently came out with their new album, and outside of a few (mostly toward the end of the regular album), I like most of the songs. A lot! They're really good. Hurray! P.S. I just read a book that totally gets my fangirling over boy bands, and if you're like me and love 1D, you should check it out. It's called American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin. I know. Strange title. But a totally great book!

Click HERE to read the synopsis.
And just to round out this completely random entry, here's a picture of my baby. Because why not? He's darling!


No comments:

Post a Comment