Thursday, January 15, 2015

Books and Food

"Wait. Why am I thinking about Krispy Kremes? We're supposed to be exercising." -Meg Cabot, Big Boned

Seriously. Does life get any better than books and food? (Well, with a few tv shows and movies thrown in, of course...)

First, books. Did I tell you that my Kindle died? Well, it did, several months ago. It was an old Kindle Touch - they don't even make those anymore, at least not by that name - and it was refurbished when we bought it, so I guess I shouldn't have been upset. But I was! That's how I read most of my books, mostly because I don't have the money to buy books, and I don't pull myself together enough to make sure I return the books to the library on time. True story, my friends.

Anyway, I finally got myself a new one a few weeks ago. Huzzah! And let me tell you, I am LOVING having it back. I tried reading books on my phone, but can I just say that reading things more than a couple pages long on that thing completely stinks? Because it does. Turning pages every 10 seconds gets old really fast.

Just in case you were wondering, I get pretty much all my books on THIS website. They have free ePub downloads for a TON of books. Now, they don't have everything, but they have a lot, and I've been able to zoom through my almost 500-book to-read list from Goodreads because of it. Although I'll never get through the list because I keep adding books...

Ok, on to the second item: food! You all know me. I'm a junk food junkie. And I have two recipes to share with you! Really, I'll tell you what they are, and then direct you to the websites where the recipes are posted, because I don't want to steal their thunder. Plus, I'm pretty sure I could get in legal trouble if I don't. Haha! But both of the treats are addicting, and you may hate me after trying them because you won't be able to stop eating them and you'll get fat. But your mouth will be happy!



First, there's Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark. Yes. It really IS as tasty as it sounds! I've been slowly chipping away at it since Monday night, and I can tell you that it would all be gone if I hadn't needed to make the next treat yesterday...

Yes, I needed to make it. I was asked to make a dessert for a funeral luncheon, and the recipe I wanted to make sounded perfect! Except that I needed 2 dozen of these babies, and the recipe said "makes 12+ cookies". Say what? So of course I doubled the recipe, and had some leftover for us to eat. Yum! They're called Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies. And they're wonderful! *sigh*



Alright, now that you're salivating, I'll leave you to your longing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment