The first week was rough. One night he projectile vomited once and then he seemed to spit up a LOT, so we took him to the ER. They checked him over and said he was ok, but to give him some Pedialyte. It was a scary experience!
My parents came and helped out for two weeks, which was Wonderful. My mom helped me at night so both Jason and I could sleep more. While they were here, they spoiled us rotten, and having them here to take care of their grandchild made me realize how grateful I am to have such great parents.
We blessed Andrew this last Sunday, and I was amazed that he slept through the entirety of Sacrament Meeting! He was such a little trooper! I thought for sure he'd start screaming during the blessing, but it didn't happen, thank goodness.
Since my parents left on Sunday afternoon, it's been hard adjusting to being by ourselves to take care of Andrew again. He turned 3 weeks old on Tuesday, and like clockwork, he seems to have developed a little bit of colic. He gets really fussy and irritable in the evenings and it's hard to console him. Last night was especially bad. To get him to finally go to sleep, I resorted (at 1:30 am, mind you) to taking him for a drive in the car. And then this morning, he was sick, so we took him to the pediatrician. He's been super-fussy all day long, and it pains me when I can't calm him down or give him what he wants. Sorry for such a downer paragraph, but such is life at the present moment. :(
Outside of that, life is good.
Here are some pictures of the little guy!:

Andrew and me on his birthday!

Asleep in his favorite place - his little rocking chair.
Close up!
More to come later. Our internet is running eternally slow right now, so when it's going faster, I'll post more!

ohh, sick babies are no fun! It is a very hard transition with a new little one. It would be so much easier if we could just read thier minds! The one trick that worked for us during his colic stage was to put him in the swing. but every baby is different! He is a big baby! and so cute! Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete