
And here's one of him staring at the lamp in our livingroom:

It just makes me laugh so hard. I love his face in the second picture. He is such a little goober. Or at least I know one day he will be a goober. When he has control over being one. :)
The good news is that Jason and I are starting to get better at discerning what his cries mean. Jason's really good at telling when he needs his diaper changed (probably because I make him change them most of the time...), and I've somewhat started to tell the difference between when he wants to be held and when he wants to eat. It's mostly because sometimes he cries only a while after he's eaten and I know he's not hungry yet, so he MUST want to be held, right? :p Haha. Anyway, I think what I'm trying to say is that the last couple days, we've been able to get him to stop crying in the evening for the most part. I guess he doesn't have colic... maybe we just didn't know what he wanted...? And I'm probably jinxing us now! Wish us luck!
I've been trying to be good about not eating chocolate since I'm nursing, and apparently you're not supposed to eat chocolate when you're nursing because it upsets the baby's stomach. I've decided that I'm going to make a goal of holding off eating chocolate until Valentine's Day. It's only like... 2 1/2 weeks away. I can handle that, I think. It wouldn't be so hard if there wasn't a big bag of chocolate sitting on top of our fridge. :( Once Valentine's Day gets here, I'm going to eat a lot to make up for the weeks I wouldn't let myself eat it! If it upsets Andrew's stomach, sorry little guy! I can't wait for V-Day. :)
Just as a conclusion to this post, it's been 4 weeks since Andrew was born! Hurray! And he'll officially be a month old on Friday. This month has passed so slowly and yet so quickly all at the same time.
he's adorable Melody!! And if it makes you feel better, I ate chocolate the entire time I was nursing Emma (a whole year) and it never bothered her. I never had any problems. Thank goodness!! I love my chocolate. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, its actually pretty rare that a baby is upset by chocolate. I eat it all the time! Learning what the baby's cries means can be so helpful! They have done research, and there are certain noises that go with each cry supposedly. Its baby language. Its so cute that he likes to look at the light! Wes did that too a lot at first! I think it must be fascinating for them after being inside of a dark tummy for so long!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, no need to not eat chocolate. Really spicy food, maybe stay away from :) Hey, there was a book that really helped me when I had Lara. It's called On Becoming Babywise by Gary Ezzo. It goes through baby sleep habits, colic, crying, breastfeeding, etc. You'll find people who don't agree with the methods but I found it helpful. You might want to check it out!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness--no chocolate?! Never heard that one before....spicy foods, broccoli, etc maybe, but not chocolate. Go enjoy your daily dose--you deserve it! (Unless, of course, your doctor says otherwise...)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures--he's growing so much already. :)
Melody! He is the cutest thing ever! I was looking at the pictures on facebook and my roommate was like, "wow, that's a big baby!" He's adorable. Sounds like you're having fun!
ReplyDelete