Monday, December 6, 2010

I love decorating!

"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air." -W.T. Ellis

This is going to be short, but I just had to tell you - I love decorating the house! It doesn't really matter what it's for, I just love to do it! I think my favorite thing to decorate the house for is Christmas, partly because it's my favorite holiday, partly because we have the most decorations for Christmas! Haha.

Anyway, on Saturday, we put up most of our decorations. We still have a few nativity sets to set up, but outside of that, it's all up! We have our flag outside, bells on the inside of the front door, a plaque by the front door, garland up the banister, stockings hanging on the banister (because we don't have a fireplace), red berry garland on the half wall, garland along the walls by the ceiling in the living room, our Christmas tree, a Christmas tree that's Andrew's size, a little wreath in the living room, window decorations up in the kitchen and family room, and a swag hanging at the end of the entryway. Like I said, there's more to do, but that was the big stuff we wanted out. :)

Oh, now that the house is all festive, it makes me that much more excited for the holiday!

My parents' lovely living room!

What's your favorite holiday to decorate for? Do you have a favorite thing you put up every year?

Secret: Even though I've gone through it once already, I'm still scared of my next labor experience! My last one was great... until I had to push. Even with an epidural, it hurt and it was hard to push for 2 hours! The fact that every labor experience is different is both comforting and scary!

2 comments:

  1. I love decorating for Christmas too! I love our Christmas tree decorations...so pretty! I LOVE how you put the garland along the ceiling! What a good idea! Good luck with labor--you will do great!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! And I'm with you- labor was almost scarier the second time around. Too many traumatic memories. lol.

    ReplyDelete