A few exciting things:
Jason and I decided that it was time for us to get a new camera. Our old one is about five years old, is HUGE, has 7.1 megapixels, and is seriously banged up from being dropped (or thrown....) a few too many times. So we decided to get a new one. Our old one looks like a mangled version of this:
...while our NEW one looks a little something like this:
Hurray! We found this sleek and skinny Nikon Coolpix S3000 camera on amazon.com. While it's brand new on their site for $99, which is lower than normal too, we got it refurbished for a whopping $65! Crazy! We are so happy about our purchase! 12 megapixels, 4x zoom, 2.7 inch lcd screen... Pretty awesome. We figured it was about time we got a new one, plus we wanted to take some sweet pictures of our second kid (and Andrew)! I'm glad we'll be able to better record our memories of our adorable little kiddos.
Another thing to be excited about: I am 2 weeks away from my due date today! I went to the doctor today (braving the nasty weather!), and I'm dilated to 2 centimeters, and the baby's head is REALLY low. The doctor also stripped my membranes a bit while he checked me, so we'll see if that helps bring labor sooner! He brought up the subject of induction, and I'm thinking that if I don't go into labor this week, we'll go ahead and schedule an induction. He was worried about the baby being larger because of the one high blood sugar draw I had, so I don't think he'd have any problem with me scheduling an induction. Yay! I was induced with Andrew, and I loved it because I was able to prepare everything for the baby, and I was able to prepare myself mentally for what I was just about to do. Also, if I had waited any longer, Andrew would've been a LARGE baby - he was already 8 lbs 6 oz, and I was induced the day after his due date!
Day 9 - Something you're proud of in the last few days
Ummmmm... Is it sad that I can't really think of anything? That I can think of more things that I'm not so proud of or happy for from the last few days? That's probably normal, especially for the pregnant mother of an energetic toddler! Hmmm...
Oh, I thought of something! Jason is a super-hard worker, a trait he inherited from his amazing mother. On Monday, he started working a second job as a tutor to a few kids throughout the week. I was nervous for him, but it's turned out really well so far! Yesterday's and today's appointments were cancelled because of the awful weather, but the appointments he had on Monday panned out and he took on the challenge like a champ! I'm really proud of his hard work, and his willingness to work so hard for our growing little family.
Secret: I've been so lazy lately, I kinda wish the doctor had a reason to put me on bed rest so that I'd have an excuse to lie around all the time! Sad, huh?
PS. Ashlie, you asked me why we didn't find out the gender of the baby. If you're wondering why we're not sure what we're having, here's the story!


No comments:
Post a Comment