Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Insane Weather! + Day 8

"The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it." -Patrick Young

Alright, I have to admit, the weather here in Columbus hasn't been as bad for this storm (so far) as it has been just about everywhere else, but the van we drive was covered in ice this morning, and venturing outside to pick up my mom from work this afternoon was interesting. Slipping and sliding down the driveway, we probably could've used a pair of ice skates! And it's supposed to get worse. I hope it doesn't end up looking like this:

google images

Yikes! I feel bad for whoever owned that car!

Day 8 - Short term goals for this month and when you'll accomplish them

Well, since I'm 2 weeks away from my baby's due date, my short term goals are these:

  • Stay sane through the last two weeks of the pregnancy! (Or possibly more or less time, depending)
  • Have my labor being shorter, especially the pushing part
  • Be happy with whatever gender the baby ends up being
  • Stay sane after having the baby, especially since I'll still have Andrew to take care of during the day
  • Enjoy life with it's multitude of changes!
The first and fourth objectives, I have no idea if I'll be able to accomplish them! Haha. The second objective is up to the baby and my body - I really have no control over it at all. And the third and fifth objectives I will hopefully be able to do just about immediately after the baby is born. But we'll see. All I know is that the baby IS coming this month, so I'll just have to take things as they come!

Secret: This might not be so much of a secret to those who have known me for years, but I used to be REALLY in love with *N Sync! So much so, in fact, that in my free time, I would hang out with my older sister and a couple of her friends to learn all the dances to all of their songs! Even some of the variations of the dances to songs they had. Yes... we had a slight obsession...


3 comments:

  1. ok 1. you didn't find out the gender of the baby!!?? I would go insane if I didn't find out! thats crazy! what a fun suprise though when "it" arrives :-)

    and 2. is Justin Timberlake wearing a womens sheer shirt in that picture? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a huge *Nsync Fan too!! I can tell you are because you put the * before their name and any *Nsync fan would know the meaning of the * ha ha!! Anyway, I'm doing this 30 day challenge as well. So check out my blog too. I just started to day since it's the 1st but it kind of stinks that their isn't at least 30 days in Feb

    ReplyDelete
  3. secret: We did the same thing. One Christmas we (my two neighbors and brother) put on a christmas show for our families. We stood at the top on my grandparents balcony overlooking the living room and sang all their christmas songs. We even served refreshments and required tickets to get into the show... we called it Y2K Christmas... it is hilarious to watch now!

    ReplyDelete