Monday, January 31, 2011

Catch-Up

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Whoops, I didn't do my daily update yesterday! I'll just do two today.

Before I do the challenge though, I have to express some gratitude because Jason is starting a new (and additional) job today - tutoring! Along with his flexible job working as a Spanish-language interpreter, he'll be tutoring a few kids 2-3 hours in the early evenings from Monday through Thursday. We're pretty excited because we can always use the extra money! Hopefully it won't be anything too difficult for him because he'll be mostly just doing 4th-6th grade type math, but I don't think he has any real teaching experience outside of doing presentations at school. Pray for him please! I'm just so thankful that in this economy, not only has Jason found one job, but two!

Alright, here we go.

Day 6 - Favorite super hero and why

Hmmmmm... I'm going to have to go with Superman. He's super-strong, can fly, he can shoot lasers out his eyes, and yet he is extremely nice and polite all the time. I almost like him better as Clark Kent, to tell the truth, because he's just so adorably dorky.


Day 7 - A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

Oh dear, this is hard! There are a lot of people and things I'm grateful for because of how they've affected or changed my life. How about this picture to express a lot of it?:


This picture encompasses the three people/things that have the biggest impact on my life: Jesus Christ and His church; Andrew as my son; and the reason I have my son, my wonderful husband, Jason.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Ever since I was little, I've learned about Him and what He did out of love for us. Because of that, I want to be the best person I can possibly be so that when this life is over, I can live with Him again. What He did affects all the decisions I make in my life, and I'm grateful for the person I have become through trying to be more like Him.

Part of what Jesus Christ enabled for us through His atonement is the ability to be with our families forever. I can't imagine life without my parents and sisters, but I especially can't see it without Jason and Andrew. They each have changed me for the better, and impacted my life in ways that I wouldn't take back for the world. My parents brought me up to be a good person. My sisters helped me loosen up and be crazy. Jason has been my very best friend and continually encourages me to be my very best, whether through words or through his example. Andrew as taught me that love for a child is extremely strong and that I'd give just about anything in the entire world to make him happy and for him to turn out to be a great man.

What/who has had the biggest impact on you?

Secret: When I first found out that Andrew was a boy, I was scared out of my mind. I knew NOTHING about boys! I grew up with two sisters and no brothers. I was more of a girly-girl (except for a short time before kindergarten). What do I do with a boy? Now that I'm not sure what I'm having and I could possibly have a girl, I'm a little nervous again - I've gotten used to having a little boy! I'm sure I'd adjust easily, but I'd feel like I was starting the learning process all over again!

1 comment:

  1. these are so fun to read melody! its fun to get to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete