Thursday, January 20, 2011

Other Weird Quirks

"Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories." -John Wilmot

I just had to document this while I still remembered.

I know all toddlers go through interesting phases (one of which I told you about before - taking the paper off of crayons), but tell me if your younger kid has acquired these weird quirks:

Andrew loves to eat tomatoes. He'll see them in the fridge and say, "Patoe!" And then if I don't cut it up quickly enough, he'll steal the second half of the tomato and start eating it like it's an apple. Here's evidence to prove it!:


Yes, my friends, that is a large piece of tomato. Silly boy.

Also, another thing that Andrew has started to like doing lately - and a habit I have no problem with! - is washing his hands. After meals or after we've changed his diapers, he'll sometimes say, "Hands!" He'll hold out his hands and run to the bathroom. Well, hey. Isn't that nice? Most of the time Jason or I will help him do it. I mean, how could you really say no to that? (BTW, this next picture I just found from google images; it's not Andrew.)


What weird phases has your kid gone through? Or what weird quirks does your child have?

Secret: I sometimes like to go back and watch movies I loved as a child, but I haven't seen in a really long time. On some occasions, I'll watch it and think, "Wow. I had really good taste in movies as a young kid! My parents were lucky!" But most of the time, I'll think, "Wow. My parents let me watch that movie how many times a day for how many years? How did they not go insane?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment