Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Phase, and 36 weeks!

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

Andrew is currently in a phase where he likes ripping all the paper off of all of his crayons. I think that's a normal thing for a kid his age to want to do, but I don't think he inherited it from me! My sisters would rip the paper off of our crayons when I was little, and I hated it! You'd get the color all over your hands and then you'd end up almost as much of a mess as the paper you were coloring on. Yes. I was a strange child. :)

Are any of your kids going through the same phase as Andrew is?


Also, just as an update, I'm 36 weeks along today! I went to the doctor this morning, and my fundal height is right on, the heartbeat was nice and fast (it's moving around in there still), and I'm dilated 1cm and 80% effaced. So I'm moving right along! Also, in other good news, it's taken forever for them to figure it out, but I do NOT have gestational diabetes! I'm not sure what they'd be able to do for me at this point if they had figured out I did have it, but hey, I'm happy I don't! Bring on the ice cream! :)

Secret: I'm about to have a second child, and I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with my first! I guess it's a good thing that people don't start to be able to recall real memories until the age of 3 or 4... we'd probably be scarred forever with the things our parents did with us because they didn't know what they were doing either!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...I loved the comment about not knowing what you're doing with your child - it's soooo true! The first one is a mystery and by the time others come along, they still create mysteries for you to solve!

    You're doing great w/Andrew and I know you'll do wonderful with the second one as well :)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete