I am grateful for a merciful Heavenly Father, who created a perfect plan to bring us back into His presence. I'm grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, who loved us enough to go through the atonement to fulfill the plan. I can't say Thank You enough.
We took it pretty easy on Easter. Church was in the morning, I took a nap in the afternoon, we had a ham and asparagus dinner (yum!), and then we just hung out.
After naps and before dinner, we did the fun Easter activities with Andrew. We gave him his basket:
He loved the soccer ball and has taken it with him everywhere since getting it!
And he went on an Easter egg hunt in the yard:
He LOVED it! You should've seen the look on his face when he found the first egg. He was so excited! He was even more excited when he found out there were treats in the eggs!
David slept through most of it. :) Here's a picture of the cute boy awake today:
Day 26 - What do you think about your friends
Well... they're my friends, so I think they're pretty awesome! To be serious though, there's something to be said about friends that stick around. I've had lots of friends over the years - friends from high school, choir friends, church friends, room mates... the sad thing is that I don't talk to most of them anymore. There are only a few left who I really keep in contact with, and I appreciate them more than they can know. Motherhood can be quite isolating, and it's nice to have a few friends out there who look after me and make sure I get out of the house every once in a while! Or friends who just come over and hang out with me.
What I'm trying to say is this: I wish I was still close to all those friends I've had in the past, or sometimes I wish I was better at making friends now, but I wouldn't trade the ones I've got now for anything. :)
Secret: Susette, my older sister, introduced me to the goodness that is the Jonas Brothers. And I really like them. I like their tv show, Jonas, a lot. I think it's sad it only lasted two seasons. I'm still working on watching season 1, but I'm already sort of in mourning that it didn't last longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment