Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Silly Andrew! + Day 24

Here are a few fun quotes:

"Parents don't get enough appreciation." -Susanna, age 17


"My little brother's dirty diapers are worse than liver." -Matt, age 11


"You only have one mom, and you should take care of her." -Sean, age 12


"My dad will never be color coordinated." -Samuel, age 11


"If mom says 'no', she means it. If dad says 'no', it means maybe." -Joseph, age 13


"You should not pick your nose because your mom will SCREAM!" -Tiffany, age 8

Quotes from this site. Kids are so funny!

Andrew is no exception. Being a 2-year-old, he gets upset. A lot. He tends to end up crying at least 10 times a day. When my dad is home, to try to get him to laugh instead of cry, he roars at him like a lion or dinosaur (or something like that). Sometimes it doesn't work, but a lot of times it does! He ends up laughing and forgetting about what was upsetting him in the first place!

What's really funny and cute is that now, whenever David starts crying, Andrew roars at him to make him feel better! It doesn't work at all, but the fact that Andrew caught onto that is so cute. At first I had no idea what Andrew was doing or why, but then I put it together in my head... and now it makes me laugh so hard! Silly boy!
Roar!

Day 24 - A letter to your parents

Mom and Dad,

You guys are awesome. Growing up, I know I didn't really appreciate you as much as I should've, because now that I'm older, I realize just how amazing you both are. You're motivated, smart, energetic, and willing to do hard things when it's the right thing. You're great examples of what I aspire to become.

Thank you for being there for me when I needed you. Thank you for being tough on me when you needed to be. Thank you for trusting me to do the right thing, and giving me the space to make my own decisions. Thank you for loving me enough to let me go all the way to Idaho for school. Thank you for loving Jason and treating him like your own son. Thank you for letting my little family live with you for such a long time, and for helping us find a good, SAFE apartment.

I love you both. I'm so lucky to have you guys as my parents.

Melody

Secret: Did you guys see the new made-for-tv Disney movie Lemonade Mouth? I did. And I LOVED it. And sometime soon (hopefully), I will own the soundtrack. I probably should be embarrassed, but I'm totally not!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you LIVE in Columbus, the city we were just in! My sister lives about two hours away from there, but she goes to Columbus because it has awesome shopping! :) It's great that you found a nice safe apartment, hurray! Next time I'm coming to visit my sister, I'll be sure to ask you if you're in Columbus and if you are I'll come visit you. Wouldn't that be fun to get Andrew and Hunter together now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...it's my lunch hour at work and you made me cry - you boogie, lol!

    We love being parents to you three girls and having such wonderful sons-in-law :)

    ReplyDelete