The quote really has no corresponding part to the main part of this entry, but to the secret at the end. Just in case you were confused. :)
Yesterday, David had his 2-month appointment. Yes, he is 2 1/2 months old, but that doesn't matter. :) The appointment went well. The doctor who looked at David said he was growing well, that his eyes seem to be a little bit clearer (he has blocked tear ducts), and that as long as he's gaining weight well, that his spitting up is under control. Yay!
Here are his stats:
- Head: 16 inches (65%)
- Height: 24 1/4 inches (85%)
- Weight: 13 lbs 7 1/2 oz (76%)
It's funny, because he's almost exactly the same size as Andrew was at this age. According to Andrew's growth chart, at 2 1/2 months, these were his stats: head - 16.5 inches, height - 24.5 inches, and weight - 13.8 lbs. So Andrew was a little bigger, but Andrew just did (and does!) everything bigger. :)
David also got his first immunizations, and spent the rest of yesterday looking like this:
The poor guy was just completely knocked out. From just before we left the pediatricians (at 11:30am) until we went to bed last night around midnight, he only ate 3 times. And he was awake for probably a total of 45 minutes. Needless to say, he's been awake a LOT longer today, which makes me happy. I love seeing his dark blue eyes and his happy smile.
Day 25 - What you would find in my bag
Considering I don't really have a purse and just use the diaper bag all the time, there's really nothing of interest in my bag! There's diapers, wipes, a change of clothes for David, toys for Andrew, chap stick and my cards... and that's about it. Exciting, no?
Secret: I'm a really bad journal-writer. I get good for a couple weeks... or a couple days... and then I slip up and don't write for months. I'm trying to do better now. I've written almost every day this week, and I plan to keep it up. Do you have a journal? Actually, the right question for me to ask is this: do you WRITE in your journal? Do you wish you were better at it if you don't write in it?
David pretty much weighs more than Josie. Too bad she's 4 months older! :-)
ReplyDeleteHa ha- Chloe's only 19 pounds and she's 16 months old!! :) And yea, I need to do better about my journaling. I'm keeping a journal for Chloe and Emma too- so I feel like I'm always behind.
ReplyDeleteI love Brad Wilcox!!! He was one of my professors and I've been to many of his presentations. Poor guy! Then again, some days I feel like sleeping all day, too!
ReplyDeleteBrad Wilcox is such a good presenter! I'd never heard that quote, but I like it.
ReplyDeleteI'm not the greatest at keeping a journal, but I'm decent at blogging. That's why I plan to print out my blog and keep it as my journal.