Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bipolar Weather + Day 30!

"Rainbows apologize for angry skies." -Sylvia Voirol

It's too bad there aren't any rainbows out there today!

I'd lived in Idaho for so long, that I'd forgotten how bipolar the weather is in Ohio. Last week it looked like this:

(Picture from this website)

It was warm - in the 80s and 90s! - and sunny. It was beautiful! Maybe a little too warm too quickly, but it was great.

Now, it looks more like this:


And it doesn't even look as pretty as the picture. It's just all-over blah. And cold - in the 50s! We broke the record here in Columbus for the lowest high-temperatures ever for May 16th and 17th. Isn't that ridiculous? I'm looking forward to the weather being a good average of these pictures, or like Relient K says, "Sunny with a high of 75". That's my favorite kind of weather!

Day 30 - Your favorite song

Wow. I know I say this for a lot of these questions, but that is TRULY a hard question. I really have no idea. I'll give a few of the songs I really like to listen to to give you an idea of my taste:
  • "Oh, What Songs of the Heart" by Rob Gardner
  • "Once Upon a Dream" from Jekyll and Hyde
  • "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al
  • "O Mio Babbino Caro" from the opera Gianni Schicchi
  • "Introducing Me" by Nick Jonas from Camp Rock 2
  • "Determinate" from Lemonade Mouth
  • "I Want You Back" by N Sync
  • "I'll Make A Man Out of You" from Mulan
  • "Critical" by Jonas Brothers from Jonas L.A.
  • "Arabesque No. 1 - Andantino con moto" by Debussy
  • "Only In My Dreams" by Debbie Gibson
  • "This Is Your Life" by Switchfoot
  • "Defying Gravity" from Wicked
Fun stuff right there. You should see the rest of my "favorites" playlist from iTunes.

And that, my friends is the end of my 30 day challenge. Now what am I going to write about? If you want to know something random about me or my life or my family, feel free to ask your question in your comments!

Secret: Some days I feel really motivated to get up and get things done, but some days I just want to sleep the morning away and then watch tv! What do you do to keep up your motivation?

1 comment:

  1. I heard a talk once about mothers needing a "time out". Not that I don't do this, but when I heard this talk it hit me really hard. For me, giving me a "time out" (exercise, going on a walk, do my nails, read a book, watch a chick flick, take a bath and cooking/baking in the kitchen) motivates me more to get things done.

    ReplyDelete