Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Birthdays

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." -J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Today, suddenly, I'm only 2 years away from being 30. It's funny how badly, when you're small, you want to grow up. Then you find yourself grown up, and it's not as great as you thought it would be. I mean, I love my life and where I am, but the bills and being in charge of everything really isn't all it's cracked up to be, is it? Haha.

27 brought a LOT of changes. We were emptying boxes in our new apartment in Northern Kentucky this time last year. Jason started his current job on my actual birthday last year. I started working with the Young Women at church, and Jason started working with the missionaries. We moved from one apartment to another. Then, after struggling for a year and a half, we got PREGNANT! Andrew started kindergarten, which he'd been wanting to do for the last year. And now we're here!

I'm not sure what this year will hold; if there's anything I learned from this last year, it's that Heavenly Father has His own plan, and that sometimes the best-laid of my plans don't matter as much as His. He has His own timing, and we need to learn to be flexible, something that's hard for someone like me who loves planning ahead. I guess, at this point, I just want to live well. Life doesn't have to be full of adventure and crazy things; I just want my life to feel fulfilling. You know what I mean?

So. Here's to 28! Pray for me that it turns out well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! 28 will be a great year I'm sure! Also, can I tell you how excited I am that you are blogging again?! I have missed your posts so much. Serious. Don't ever leave me again. Haha. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete