Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Here Goes Nothing! + Day 15

"All adventures, especially into new territory, are scary." -Sally Ride

Well, today is the day the new adventure begins, folks! I don't have to go in to the hospital for another 9 1/2 hours, but still. It feels like there are still a million things I have to get done before we go, but I know that's not really the case. That's just me trying to come to grips that by this time tomorrow, I'll most likely have a beautiful new little baby lying in my arms.

From Similac.com

Wow.

Just FYI, we're bringing our laptop to the hospital. It may not be right away or anything, but we'll be posting pictures of the new addition. :)

Day 15 - Put your iPod on shuffle - the first 10 songs that play

I don't have my iPod with me, but I'll put my iTunes on shuffle. This could be interesting. We have a really random array of music...

  1. How Can You Mend a Broken Heart - Michael Buble
  2. I Wonder - Mary Costa (from Sleeping Beauty)
  3. Am I The Only One (Who's Ever Felt This Way) - Dixie Chicks
  4. You're A God - Vertical Horizon
  5. The Boy's Gone - Jason Mraz
  6. Friday - Daniel Bedingfield
  7. May The Horse Be With You - Relient K
  8. Whatever It Takes - John McVey and Felicia Sorenson (The Best of EFY)
  9. Hush! The Gentle Night is Falling - Rob Gardner
  10. Overture and Preludium - Rogers and Hammerstein (from The Sound of Music)
The really funny thing about all this music is that it isn't representative of the songs we usually listen to at all. Looking through the list, the only ones I've listened to in probably the last year are #s 1, 2, 7, 8, and 10. And it's probably been one listen in the last year for them all except #7. lol.

So, I'm going to do a second list based on my favorites list.
  1. All of Me - Jon Schmidt
  2. All the Right Moves - OneRepublic
  3. Exit to Exit - Ryan Cabrera
  4. Go The Distance - Roger Bart (from Hercules)
  5. I'm Already There - Lonestar
  6. Prayin' for Daylight - Rascal Flatts
  7. Not That Different - Collin Raye
  8. Journey to the Past - Liz Callaway (from Anastasia)
  9. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship
  10. Breaking Free - Vanessa Hudgins and Zac Efron (from High School Musical)
Ta daaaaa! Now you can proceed to make fun of my musical taste. :)

Secret: When I was in high school, I thought I liked a wide variety of music that most people would like. Then, after a few people (boys, specifically) looked through my cd collection, I realized that I have very girly, mostly pop taste. I guess I'm not the owner of such a wide variety of songs as I thought!

5 comments:

  1. congrats on almost having your baby!! i hope the delivery goes well and isn't too long. you'll do great!!! yess post pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for your big day :-)! good luck with everything and hopefully everything goes smoothly... and quickly! can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck melody! im excited for you guys! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! Good luck with the new baby, the labor, and everything! Hope you get some sleep. :) Keep us posted on the baby and how you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete