Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lazy Day + Day 12

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy." -Milan Kundera

Haha, I thought that was funny. Partly because I've been soooooo lazy today.

I went to sleep entirely too late last night. It was around midnight when I made it to bed. I used to think that midnight was early to go to sleep. My night owl days, my friends, seem to be over!

This morning, my body was so achy and it's been fighting me all day. I took a nap for a while this afternoon, and it's helped a little, but I just want to sit and do nothing. Ever have one of those days?

Day 12 - How you found out about blogger and why you have one

Well, this isn't too complicated. I'd had a blog for a long time on this website called Xanga. It seemed like everyone in my high school had one. People had started to abandon them when I started college, but I stuck to it for a really long time.

I actually don't really remember how I found out about blogger. It might've been through my sister-in-law Holly. She had one and shared the link with us, and I thought it would be a good idea to switch to a site that more people used. Plus, after checking it out, it seemed super-easy to use and was going in the direction that I wanted my blog to go in. Xanga was trying to be too invasive and be more like Myspace, whereas blogger was sticking to just the blog. I liked that - nice and simple, so I made the switch mid-2008.

The answer to the second question might have been answered already - I wanted to keep a blog but not on that other site anymore - but it was also because it's easier and faster to type than to write in my journal. Not only that, but I wanted to put my thoughts out there in the hopes that other people found what I had to say to be interesting or felt the same way I did.

Secret: I've never watched the Super Bowl. Ever. The only football we follow is college. I like it better than pro, because you have the hope that people are playing purely for the love of the game. Plus, it's fun to root on your favorite school. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you switched to blogger- it's fun to stay in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete