Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthdays, Conference and Stuff + Day 22

Not a whole lot has changed the last week and a half.
  • David turned 2 months old this last Saturday. He's smiling more and more, and is starting to find his voice a little bit. He's just so mellow, I don't know that he's too anxious to do much more than observe everything quietly and contentedly. Andrew was hyper early on and made noise as much as he could when he found out he could; I'm glad to know what it's like to have a calm, quiet child!
The little guy all wrapped up (in the homemade moby wrap that was given to me) when I took Andrew for a walk a few days ago

The big brother playing outside on a cloudy day

  • My dad turned 62 years old last Friday, and we threw a surprise party for him this last Saturday. I loved seeing the look on his face when we shouted, "Surprise!" and he saw everyone (sorry you can't really see his face... it was really bright outside!):
He had no idea at all we were throwing the party!
  • We watched (or at least attempted to watch) General Conference. It's hard with a very active two-year-old. But what I was able to catch was very good! I'm grateful for The Ensign magazine, because I can read what I couldn't hear!
I love General Conference!
  • Carrie, my younger sister, reached her 1-year mark on her mission! And we know the date she'll be getting home - two days before my birthday - September 14th! I'm excited for her to come home, and that my little family will be here for it! We're going to have a big party when she gets back to celebrate her homecoming and my birthday. I'm really looking forward to it.
My cute younger sister!
  • We've been looking for apartments around the area, and are a little overwhelmed. We have a short list of definite wants, but the combination is somewhat hard to find: in our price range, safe, and close to campus if possible. There are a lot that have two of our requirements, but not all three at once. I think if we give up one thing, it'll be the proximity to campus, but we'll see. Wish us luck, and if you have any suggestions, PLEASE feel free to let us know about them!
Alright, I think I've caught you up on everything.

Day 22 - What makes you different from everyone else

Is it weird that I can't really think of anything? I started thinking of things, and the more I thought about it, the things that made me different from a lot of people also made me really similar to a lot of people. Well, instead of just saying what's different, I'll describe myself and let you decide if I'm really different or not.

I'm 5' 6" tall. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I have two sisters, and no brothers. I'm from Ohio. I love Disney movies, even a lot of their made-for-tv movies. :) I have a hard time talking in front of people because I have a big fear of saying something wrong or stupid (that's also why I don't like talking on the phone). I'm pretty shy, but I'm outgoing around people I know really well. I love to sing and play the piano, but I also played the cello for years growing up. I got married a week before my 21st birthday. I have two kids at the age of 24. I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love Ohio State football.

Anything else? I'm sure that someone else could say how I'm different better than I could. A lot of times I feel like these are so true!:




Secret: I've always wondered what I would look like if I dyed my hair blonde, but I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to find out!

3 comments:

  1. Did I tell you my sister in law served in Tampa? She came home February 2010. I keep meaning to tell you whenever I see a post about your sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melodie! I just thought about you the other day when Luis saw the little boy that lives above us right now. He said "that little boy is so cute. He reminds me of Andrew." And it made me remember when he turned on our tv and it made a really loud noise. I have never seen a baby crawl so fast! And your new one is just as cute! I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete