Monday, May 16, 2011

Sad Realization

"Lost time is never found again." -Benjamin Franklin

So I downloaded Picasa (because it's FREEEEEEE!), and it's been really fun to play with. I've actually been going through some old pictures and editing them as well. Not that I'm doing anything extreme, just a few little tweeks to make them look a little better. I made a sad discovery though: I had a program that came with my old camera that I liked. When we got rid of our old computer when we moved, we put all our files from it onto the laptop. NONE of the pictures that had been saved to the program got transferred over! Just about all the pictures pre-wedding, early marriage, and young baby Andrew were saved to that program. It makes me really sad. The good thing is that I posted just about all of those pictures on Facebook, so I still have access to them, but I don't have the actual picture files anymore. Sad day! I'd go through them all and save them to the computer again, but that would take FOREVER. *sniff sniff*

Here are some of the pictures I'll miss:

Jason wearing his Jamaican hat a week or two after we first met

Holding Joshua, who I didn't know at the time was going to be my nephew until I got engaged to Jason!

My sister-in-law Katie and I at a fun family reunion

Right after we got married, at a baseball game between the Indians (my home team) and the Mariners (Jason's home team)

Our niece Alyssa and Jason at another family reunion

Almost 40 weeks pregnant with Andrew (I had him three days after this picture was taken!)

Kisses from Jason for Andrew when he was somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks old

3- or 4-month-old Andrew ready for an adventure outside in the cold!

Alyssa and our nephew Justin being silly while Jason's brother Nathan and his new wife Jessica took their wedding pictures

Playing in the grass at around 6 months

I'd post more, but it's just making me more sad...

Day 29 - In this past month, what have you learned?

Lots of little things, but not a whole lot of interest to anyone but myself. I've learned to let David sleep in his own room; I was reluctant at first, but he's doing awesome! I've learned how to use a drill. I've learned that Andrew likes to play out in the yard and get wet with a sprinkler. I've learned that David doesn't like to be in a room by himself when he's awake. I've learned how to use Picasa and play with my pictures! I've learned that I have a lot to learn in so many facets in my life that if I quit now, I'll never get any better at anything - and believe me, that's not an option!

What have you learned this past month?

Secret: I've never in my life been a morning person. I used to be such a night owl, but now I want to go to bed early too! If I could go to sleep early every night and wake up late every morning, I'd be one happy camper, but it's the opposite for now! Ugh.
I need a little more shut-eye in my life!

1 comment:

  1. SOOO Glad you downloaded picasa!!! ALSO you can upload them to the internet!! You can change the privacy settings, just like blogger, so only certain people you invite can see your albums and such, then you don't lose all your pictures forever!!

    ReplyDelete