I know the quote has nothing to do with the beginning of this post, but everything to do with the bottom. Read on.
Part 1: First Hair-Styling Attempt
I saw this hairstyle on Abby's blog first, HERE. I admit though, I just saw the picture, and I didn't read exactly how she did it, so my version didn't turn out quite as nice. Whoops.
Anyway, here's my first attempt to do something fun with my hair:
Don't follow my lead. Check out how Abby did it. Please. :)
PS. Just to clarify, I am NOT doing my own 30-day challenge. I would surely fail! But I'll try to post my hair successes as I have them, so that if you're hair-challenged like me, you can know that you CAN do it!
Part 2: Reading
In other news, I've been reading a lot lately. I love reading, and wish I could do more of it, but if I did, my kids would be covered in dirt and would be starving. :) I'll give you my opinions on the books I've read over the last couple weeks. (And the goodreads.com link to their summaries.)
Books to pass on:
![]() |
| I got halfway through, and couldn't finish it... Summary HERE |
![]() |
| I actually read this one a month(ish) ago, but it was weird and had to include it on my list. Summary HERE |
Books that were worth one read, but maybe not another:
![]() |
| Cute! But totally not realistic. Quick read. Summary HERE |
![]() |
| I know, I know. So many people love this book. It was "Just Ok". It dragged for me. Summary HERE |
![]() |
| Accidental time-traveling to the time where you meet the man of your dreams... Literally? Lots of twists? An awful cliff-hanger ending? Sign me up! Summary HERE |
![]() |
| Another time-bending angsty teen book? Yes! Summary HERE |
Seriously, on these last two, PLEASE don't pass them up. They're very good. They were both published this year, and the first books of their respective series. Especially if you're into YA literature like I am, you will like these books. :)
Secret: I wish my wardrobe was more varied. My shirts are mostly white, black, and grey. Most of the colors I have are muted pastels. My younger sister once said my wardrobe was really boring, and I have to agree! I just don't have any money to do a wardrobe makeover!






REFASHION!!! Seriously. Find clothes other people don't want and sew them to be what you want. Don't pass up sheets, curtains, or any other fabric.
ReplyDeleteGoodwill also can turn up good things. Or things to be refashioned.
Target clearance. For real! I found a blue jacket that I adore and actually am finding myself looking forward to the cooler months so that I can wear it. $20 -- originally $60.
Found your blog through FB. Cute!
ReplyDeleteLook at the blog Ruffles and Stuff. I have a link through my blog on the side. She comes up with the BEST ideas.