Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recommendations

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller

Jason and I went on a date Friday night. Shocker, I know. We're married and we still go on dates! :) Anyway, we felt somewhat more adventurous than normal, and went to an area of Columbus known as German Village, where a lot of German immigrants lived as Columbus was growing. We had eaten dinner as a family at home before we left, so we went to Schmidt's for dessert.

This is what it looks like on the outside.
We got one of their famous cream puffs! Yummmm!!!!

This cream puff was huge, too, guys. If I wasn't nursing, I might've been hard pressed to finish my half!
If you're in Columbus and wanting a special dessert, I recommend getting one of these bad boys from Schmidt's. Really, I just recommend you visit them for food period, because it's all super-good German food.

After dessert, we walked to this place, also in German Village, called The Book Loft.

This is the front of the store, but you don't go in the front of the store - you go through this alleyway beside the store and go in a side door.
This is what the little alleyway looks like. It's beautiful!
If you can see the sign at the alleyway, it says that there are 32 rooms in this bookstore. That is not a lie, my friends. There are 32 little rooms, all with different themes, like cook books, travel, classic fiction, nature, sewing/crocheting/knitting/crafting, romance, politics... it's crazy. It was like a little bit of heaven for me! I love to read. I fortunately escaped having only bought this little book for my ward's book club this month, but I could've bought half the store:


So much fun!

Also, if you're in the Columbus area and love farmers markets, I suggest you check out Lynd's Fruit Farm.


My little family ventured out there with my mom last Saturday. What's wonderful about this farm is that they have this building set up where you can get vegetables, fruits, and other goodies like 5 different flavors of cider, fudge, jams, cookies... Yum. They have a good selection of food during the summer, but the fall is the best time. They have freshly harvested fruits and veggies, straight from the field. If you've been around for a while though, you know they're mostly known for their apples. You can drive out to the farm and choose a bushel or half bushel of the kind of apples that are your favorite, or you can go out to their orchards and pick the apples yourself! That's my favorite thing to do. I love apples straight off the tree. It's hard for me to eat them any other way now, they're just that good. Check out their picking schedule to make sure you get there on the weekends with your favorite apples.

Those are my Columbus Recommendations to you. If you're feeling up to the adventure, check them out!

Secret: Most days I stay in my pajamas all day long. :)

2 comments:

  1. the book loft is one of my all time favorite places ever!!!! and also that cream puff just made me drool
    ANNNDDD i love your long hair and that growing child of yours :)

    and it STILL won't let me friggin post as me-it's sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of The Book Loft!!! I've never been though. :-P

    ReplyDelete