Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thanks Mallory!

"Beauty awakens the soul to act." -Dante Alighieri

Well, it's time I wake up and do my hair. Let me explain.

See this beautiful girl?


This is Mallory. She's a hairstylist. She has this amazing blog where she recently challenged herself to do 30 different hairstyles in 30 days. If you're a hair amateur or hair-challenged in general like me, go check out her blog. She did a bunch of tutorials to help you figure out how to do the styles she did on yourself.

On her blog, Mallory did a giveaway for this stuff called MOROCCANOIL. And guess who won? That's right, yours truly! I'm really excited! Between her blog and the MOROCCANOIL, I'm on my way to no longer being stuck with doing half-ponies or ponytails anymore! Hurray!

What I'm trying to say is this: Thanks Mallory!

If you're wanting to try more styles, here are some other blogs I've found and loved that have to do with a 30-day hair challenge: Meryn's blog, and Abby's blog. Have fun looking through everything! I had fun with it! Now to try them all out... Maybe to keep up the trend, I'll post my adventures with my hair and the styles I attempt. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll certainly try to show that I'm attempting to learn!

Secret: Sometimes I feel like I'm not very good at anything. Well, except for music, but even then, I could be better. I'm not that great at hair, crafts, cleaning, cooking, sports, conversing (especially with people I don't know very well)... the list goes on and on. :( Wow. Sorry for that downer of a secret!

Let's end this on a happier note, shall we?

Today, I was looking through some stuff on the computer, and found some old pictures of Andrew, from around the time that he was 10-12 months old. I'll share three of my favorites!

All chubby cheeks and blue eyes

He looks like he's... leanin'.

About to eat cake on his 1st birthday!
I can't believe how much he's grown...

Counting for mommy :)

4 comments:

  1. This is sweet!!! I am about to check mallorys blog out, gotta love new hairstyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a GORGEOUS singer and don't you forget it. Always remember how you received your name!!! Sing and keep singing - it's truly a talent that Heavenly Father has given to you, but you must use it or you will lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shot out, You will get the hang of your hair, it just takes lots of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm not good at things often too, but from the looks of things, seems like you're a wonderful mother and wife and that's one of the greatest things we can be called ever! I'm learning to put my efforts into that and being something for others and then it seems like I don't care anymore if I can't do other things. :)

    ReplyDelete