Also, I've totally been wanting golden oreos since my parents were here a month ago, and Jason surprised me yesterday by telling me that my parents had bought me some and had him hide it until now! I can't believe I didn't find them, but I guess when you're not looking for anything, you don't find anything, right?
Ok, here's what I really wanted to post about. Andrew's been sleeping really well at night (at least 7 hours straight since he was like... 3 or 4 weeks old), which means that he's been becoming more and more alert during the day. Sometimes I still don't know what to do with him - he still spits up a lot and has the reflux, so I'm afraid of laying him on his back or stomach on the floor. Yesterday though, I sat down with him while he was in his rocker, and we had our first "real conversation". Here's a portion:
Isn't that so cute?? It was so fun! It lasted for at least a good 10 minutes, and Jason all the while was sitting by, laughing at us and doing homework. Silly guy.
I can't believe how much he's grown. I look at him sometimes and remember how "tiny" he was when he was born, and see how huge he seems to me now. His face is definitely rounding out, his head is HUGE so it's no wonder his neck has a hard time holding it up, and his arms, legs, and belly are all getting a little chub on them. He's adorable.
I'm still nervous about how he'll develop if I'm not doing everything "right", but somehow I know everything will be ok. :)
Andrew's so cute!! And melody you're doing a great job, i know as a first time mom you probably feel inadaquate, but you're giving andrew alot of love and nuturing and trying your best that's what he needs you are and will continue to be a great mom!! love ya guys!
ReplyDeletelove
Julie
CUTE CUTE CUTE video!!! Andrew is growing so fast! Doesn't it feel like yesterday you found out you were pregnant with him?! Is your massage at Sage Day Spa?? Nathan got me a 60 minute one there for my birthday, which was seriously like 7 days after I had Ethan. It was AMAZING!!!! Enjoy it, I'm so jealous right now!
ReplyDeleteHe was talking to you... How cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait till Marley does that.
Nice :) Reed got me a massage for Christmas but I haven't used it yet. I'm holding out until I'm really truly stressed... which will be soon.
ReplyDelete