Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting better... mostly

I was looking at Andrew earlier today (he turned 8 weeks old yesterday!), and started to see so many differences in him since we brought him home. Some examples:

1. He smiles at us sometimes.


2. He "talks" with us sometimes. Look at the video I posted a couple weeks ago for an example.

3. He can hold up his head better, but he's still pretty wobbly. He still has a hard time with it when he's on his stomach, but he'll get better with that in time.

4. He doesn't cry at every diaper change anymore.

5. He sleeps for around 7-9 hours at night. In a row. It's pretty nuts.

6. He is HUGE. Well, huge to me. At the pediatrician's last week, he was 12 lbs 5 oz. He's outgrown all his newborn clothes, most of the 0-3 month outfits are getting snug, and he's fitting into some of the 3-6 month outfits. Which can be a problem since we don't have many outfits in that size... Here's a picture of him in a 3-month outfit. It fits him perfectly!


7. He looks me in the eye on purpose, and holds the gaze for a few seconds before looking away.

8. I'm not sure if this is anything special, but he's started blowing bubbles with his spit a little bit. He's also drooling a bit more, which I'm not too excited about, but such is life.

9. He found his hand, and really likes putting it in his mouth. The beginning of mouthing things! Hurray!.....


10. He is, in general, a happy baby.

Since realizing these things (and more) today, I see that life with him seems to be getting a little better, a little easier. Mostly. I still have a hard time with the isolation feelings I have, and the feelings that I don't always know how best to take care of him. But time will take care of that, right?

3 comments:

  1. Yep- time takes care of that. I totally know what you mean- I felt like that a little bit too. Wow- he's growing up fast!!! He'll be sitting up, crawling, and walking before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew and Vivi should meet :) Vivi just had a doctor's visit and she was 13 lbs 5 oz. She's also in 3-6 month clothes (clothes that didn't fit Lara until she was 5 months). Whoa, not used to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew is so stinkin' cute melody!!! He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete