"Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever." -Nikki Dalton
Well, today is the day that I "turn" 37 weeks in this pregnancy, so I am now officially considered full term! I'm really excited, because that means that I can go into labor anytime now, and the baby will be ok! I want it to come sooner than later, really, because I'm afraid of having really big babies if it waits too long.
I had another doctor's appointment today, and I haven't progressed since last week - still 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. The baby's heart is still beating away (it's been 160 for the last two appointments), and is beating me up inside, so I'm looking forward to getting it out! :) I'm not too sad I haven't progressed since last week, I was kinda expecting it, but it'll be nice when the baby puts me into labor!
Day 2 - The meaning behind your blog name
Our blog name is really self-explanatory, so this is going to be short. I chose the URL because it's our first and last names. And "The McBride Family" tells you exactly who is being written about on the blog - our family! Woo!
Haha, now that was complicated. :) I'm not very creative...
Secret: I only have three weeks (hopefully) left of this pregnancy, but I still haven't done a whole lot to prepare. We've pulled out some of Andrew's old clothes and washed them, the car seat is in the house and the padding is washed, and the crib and swing are set up... but that's it. But really, is there anything else outside of getting our bag for the hospital ready? Please remind me of all the things I need to do to prepare, because my mind keeps going blank!
I felt the same way with #2. I didn't do a whole lot to get ready compared to with Kendyl. But with the 1st you are getting everything for the first time so I think it just seems like you are doing/buying more. With the second you already have everything. With Josie I figured anything I needed is only a quick trip to Walmart away.
ReplyDeleteMelody! You are almost done! Congrats! I have been wondering the same thing about baby #2...I feel like there isn't a whole lot to do unless my baby is a boy then I'll have some clothes to buy but other than that, we're all set! I'm excited to see pictures of this little guy!
ReplyDeletediapers wipes and bottles.. you never know if your baby will be a good nurser.
ReplyDeleteI always get my hair trimmed and my toes done before I go to the hospital. It's nice to feel somewhat put together when you are in the hospital and have no time to think about anything but the baby :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you that you are so close!!
I'm with Ashlie. I always paint my nails before the hospital :)
ReplyDelete