Friday, August 19, 2011

David is growing up! Slowly...

"A grownup is a child with layers on." -Woody Harrelson

We're going to see David without any layers on! Quite literally. Except for a diaper. Keep reading. ;)

*gasp* This is probably only the second time in my memory that I have been awake in the morning while both my boys slumbered on. And it's 9:30! This is crazy! (I guess it helps that Andrew woke us all up at around 3:45 this morning, screaming because he had lost his sippy cup of water. That, my friends, was lovely.) (Update at 9:50 - David woke up. But Andrew's STILL asleep!)

Anyway, I took this little boy to the doctor's office for his 6-month checkup on Wednesday:

He loved checking himself out in the mirror!
I asked the doc about his slightly misshapen head, and she said it looked ok. I also asked about the fact that he still seems to fall asleep every time I feed him (and he doesn't eat very much). She said she wasn't too concerned about it, and that he is actually probably cutting back on his milk feedings because he's getting fed solid food now. That made me feel better, because David is a string-bean! Here are his stats:

  • Weight: 16 lbs 10 oz - 30th percentile (That's only 1 lb heavier than he was at his 4-month appointment!)
  • Height: 27 inches - 70th percentile
  • Head: 17 inches - 25th percentile
So he's tall, but really skinny and his head is small. He's getting bigger, but slowly. But I think he looks perfect. Just like Andrew was perfect in all his roly-poly gloriousness. :)

Speaking of Andrew, THIS is the entry I made about his 6-month checkup. Yes. He was huge. I know I keep saying that, but I'm continually surprised by how much more normal-sized David is! And here are two pictures of Andrew from that age, since there wasn't a picture on that post:

Oh my word. Look at those thighs!

My older cutie-patutie
Alright. That's all I wanted to say. :)

Oh, except this: Have you guys ever eaten these before?:

White chocolate-covered oreos
Oh man. I had them for the first time last night, and let's just say that they were amazing. *sigh*

Secret: I'm a nail biter! But only when the nails get long, and especially if they've gotten a snag in them. I always have to tell myself, "Just go clip your nails already!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh man those oreos look like heaven! I've never had them covered in white chocolate before. I can't believe David is already 6 months! Time just flies by huh. You sure have cute boys :)

    ReplyDelete