Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fun morning!

"What a beautiful, sunny morning. It makes you happy to be alive." -Takayuki Ikkaku

We had a fun day yesterday. Especially in the morning.

There was a stake activity in Upper Arlington - softball and a picnic lunch! Jason played softball while Andrew, David and I did this:

*went down small slides,

*played Andrew's version of Tic-Tac-Toe (which was completely one-sided, so he won, obviously!),

*went down a BIG kid slide,

*played the drums,

*swung in the swings,

*drove a rockin' car,

*bounced on the teeter-totter,

*and, in general, enjoyed the sunshine.
After the softball was over, the lunch was great. We found some of our friends from our ward and ate and talked together. David REALLY liked this new food:

WATERMELON!!! He ended up eating this entire piece himself!
In the afternoon, we played games and watched movies over at my sister's place. Fun!

Then the boys had an early bed time (Andrew was especially cranky after being woken up from a nap in the car), and Jason went to a fantasy football draft while I reveled in the quietness. Silence is rare in this apartment!

It was a great day.

Secret: I turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on our computer for Andrew to watch when I want to take a shower when Jason's gone. It's the only thing I'm confident will keep his attention long enough for me to take a shower without him destroying the entire apartment!

3 comments:

  1. the little mcbride prince's are adorable ! they have two amazing parents !! please come out again and hopefully a longer stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been lovely lately!! Perfect for a day at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice secret, I think that without netflix I might never have enough time to shower sometimes.

    ReplyDelete