"C'est la vie!" (Seize the day!)
I've never figured out how to french braid my hair. (Or anyone else's, really...)
Until NOW! I've always understood the concept, but I've never been able to do it. I took a shower last night, and wanted to see if I could do it, so I tried (without a mirror, even). This is how it turned out:
The braid ended up on the outside, which was kinda cool, because I did the braid in the "wrong" direction and the pieces of hair I added went under the braid, not over. I didn't even do that on purpose, but I think it turned out pretty cool!
I took out the braid last night, let my hair air dry, and braided it like this again this morning. Here's what it looks like now (it's not as clear because it's from my cell phone):
Pretty good, no? I'm happy! What I want to try next is doing this around my head...
Secret: I have a book where I write down quotes that I like. I wrote in there a bunch when I first got it 5 or 6 years ago, but stopped until recently. I'll have to give you some of my favorites. :)

Oh, I LOVE braids around the head! I did that for mother's day. Pictures on my blog somewhere. I love how you did that braid down the side of the head even if it wasn't intentional. You're still cute. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I keep forgetting you don't have a sewing machine. It would make it easier to refashion! I couldn't live without my machine even though I don't use it every day.
Good job braiding! The whole "on the outside braid" idea is totally in. :)
ReplyDelete