Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 13

"To keep body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." -Buddha

Say whaaaat? I'm updating for the 30 day challenge without having to post two or three days at once? I know, my friends, I am just as surprised as you! This is what happens when your husband goes to the temple and then has to do temple cleaning afterward!

Day 13 - Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it


Oh boy. I've never felt comfortable in my own skin. Even when I was young, I was bigger than my friends. Except for a few months my senior year of high school, where I miraculously lost 10 pounds, and, of course, gained it back during Christmas break. I've never been very active (I trip over my own feet just walking around!), and I've never been in shape. My body has, since hitting puberty, always had a few more curves to it than I would've liked, especially now that I've had two kids. One of my feet turns out more than the other, my hips and thighs and waist are too wide to fit comfortably in my old jeans, my belly looks like a deflated beach ball, my boobs are huge, my upper arms jiggle a little, I feel like I have a double chin (although I know I don't... I just have some extra skin down there), and my face still breaks out even though I'm 25.

So... no, I'm not comfortable.

That being said, though, I know I'm not fat. And I'm working on getting down to a healthier weight and making sure my body is healthier. I've been going to the gym about twice a week for a month and a half, and while that amount won't work miracles, it's been helping my self esteem, knowing that I'm doing something to change how I feel about my body. I need to eat better (and boy, Easter didn't help things with that at all), but I think baby steps is the way to getting my body to where I can look at myself and finally feel satisfied.

Secret: If what I just told you about how I feel about my body doesn't count as one huge secret, I don't know what does.

3 comments:

  1. Baby steps is for sure...the amount of weight I want to lose isn't going to happen overnight for me....you really do look great though!

    Easter weekend was TERRIBLE for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always funny to me to hear what other people think about how they look. You are gorgeous melody! You have that classic beauty thing going on and I always remember thinking your skin was like porcelain.
    ...but girls are girls and we always see a million more flaws in ourself than other people do when they look at us. ...ditto on the deflated beachball stomach! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness! You are gorgeous inside and out - don't you ever for get it, young lady!! I didn't have ugly babies, you know:):)

    ReplyDelete