"There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before." -Henry David Thoreau
But Wednesday night, David started acting really funny. He'd been pretty wobbly the last few days, acting fussy every once in a while, and biting on his fingers. We had attributed it to teething, but my mom said she thought he might have an ear infection. Nothing seemed very wrong, until Wednesday night. He just wanted to snuggle, and he was really warm. I put him on the floor tow lie down after he'd been laying on my chest for about an hour, and instead of getting up and doing his normal thing, he just laid still, whimpering every once in a while. I put him down 15 minutes early at 7:45, and didn't hear a peep from him until 9am the next morning! And then he took a 3-hour morning nap! I knew something was definitely wrong, so I took him to the doctor yesterday afternoon - he has a double ear infection! My mom was right. She knows when kids have ear infections. My younger sister would get them all the time when she was little. Anyway, I picked up his medicine this morning (dang it, having one car is hard!), and I'm just waiting for things to kick in.
Poor thing. Prayers would be appreciated. :)
Day 8 - What you ate today
Oh man. You had to choose today of all days, huh? This is NOT typical, I promise! When I woke up, I was feeling pretty sluggish from staying up kinda late to read this book, and I was NOT in the mood for cereal. So, what did I do? I ate pudding. Yes, my friends, pudding. And it tasted wonderful! Haha.
For a snack I had what Andrew calls a chocolate sandwich - a piece of bread with Nutella (or, rather Kroger brand Nutella) on it.
I should probably go on a diet...
Day 9 - How important you think education is
I think education is really important. There isn't enough money going into education. The kids aren't getting the resources and materials or opportunities they need because people aren't willing to part with a little money to help them out. When Jason is done getting his master's, we're hopefully going to move to where our kids can attend good schools, because they're not going to find that in the district this apartment is in! I know we're in a recession, and the economy is awful, but education is something that needs to be a priority in our lives. If we don't make it a priority, our future is doomed!
On that light note...
Secret: I have horrific allergies. No, that's not the secret, hold onto your knickers. When I was young, my allergies were really bad, and I felt stupid having to blow my nose all the time. Sometimes, I would say I had to go to the bathroom, just so I could blow it as hard as I wanted without people staring at me for making such a loud noise. I hated drawing attention to my stupid runny nose when it seemed like I was such a nerd already...
Aww I hope lil David feels better, my kids get ear infections all the time and it's definitely no fun! I should try pudding for breakfast LOL.
ReplyDeleteAnd your not a nerd your wonderful!