I know, that was a really deep quote, that right there...
Ok. So. I'm part of this preschool group where 6 of us moms in our ward get our kids together once a week, and we take turns teaching all the kids a letter of the alphabet. My turn is two weeks from today, and the letter I'm teaching is the letter "X".
I don't want to do Xylophones because I would want to get a hold of one to have them play with, and 1. it would have to be free, and 2. it's loud. So that's out.
I don't want to do "X marks the spot", as in treasure hunting, because they just did "treasure" for letter T last week.
So, the only other thing I can think of are x-rays. Here's where I need your suggestions: what kind of x-ray activities are appropriate for 6 3-year-olds? I don't know what to do! Help!
Day 6 - Your views on mainstream music
I think mainstream music right now, in April 2012, is ok. I love the style of music - it's really fun and makes me want to dance - but the message of a lot of the music is horrible. It's all about sex! I mean, that's been a big topic in music for decades, but it seems like every artist out there has at least one song about it out there, which just makes me want to vomit. Can't people make great music that ISN'T about that, anymore? It takes some talent, but people aren't willing to put forth the effort anymore, I guess.
Day 7 - Five pet peeves
- Leaving the cabinets in the kitchen open. If you're going to open them, please close them. There have been way too many close calls with my head nearly colliding with the bottoms of open high cabinets. Plus, I don't want to see how messy the insides are all the time...
- When people misspell the word "congratulations". It has a "T" in it, people. Come on. Really, it's the same with all misspelled words and grammar mistakes. Oh, and "texting language", where you = u and later = l8r... don't get me started. Yuck.
- Crooked pictures on the wall. Especially on my walls. Drives me crazy! When I'm not at home, I have to fight the urge to straighten other people's pictures...
- Reading books where the main character does EVERYTHING I wouldn't do... That irritates me. I know that's what contributes to the story, but when just about every single choice they make is the one I wouldn't make, it's hard to relate to them.
- Ummmmm.... wow, I'm actually having to think hard to come up with more... Ooh, I got it. Being interupted! I don't care what it is, I hate it. Unfortunately, it happens all the time to me, since I have kids... *sigh*
Secret: As a kid, I liked spiders. I thought they were really cool, especially daddy-long-legs. Now, they totally creep me out. I stopped liking spiders one day when my older sister sent me to kill one, and I didn't see it anywhere... until it was dangling right in front of my face. Yeah. Not cool. Oh, another plus - our apartment in warmer weather is practically INFESTED. I'm not looking forward to that...
I did a google search and found these links, maybe one of them will help :) (The first one has a printable pdf for an x-ray activity)
ReplyDeletehttp://cleversprouts.blogspot.com/2009/10/x-is-for-x-ray_28.html
http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2010/10/x-is-for-x-ray/
http://almostunschoolers.blogspot.com/2010/10/ezekiel-and-dry-bones-x-ray-craft.html
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2008/10/letter-of-the-week-x-x.html
http://preschoolalphabet.blogspot.com/2011/05/x-ray_13.html
http://www.bhg.com/halloween/outdoor-decorations/spooky-home-decorations/#page=8
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Becca, you're a lifesaver!
ReplyDeleteYou have to use your imagination a bit, but if you had newspaper, you could draw pictures and take turns shouting the "extra, extra read all about it", but just have the x-tra on top. A little far fetched, but could turn out cute!
ReplyDelete