Haha, totally random, I know. I thought it was hilarious, though.
I have four days to catch up on, guys. Sorry I went so long!
Saturday (Day 16), was busy. There was an OSU football practice that was open to students in the morning, but it rained all day long. We went anyway, and got to walk around the stadium and look in the locker room and press box. It was pretty impressive, even if we didn't get to see the practice (they moved it inside to a building across the street). After that, we ate out for lunch, went browsing around a few shops, went to the gym, got some groceries, and finally went home. It was a LONG day.
Day 16 - Something you always think "what if..." about
I literally just sighed thinking about this. There are so many things I would've done differently in my life if I could go back and do it all again. I was such an embarrassing child. I didn't know when to be quiet. I was so awkward around people for the longest time. I didn't know how to do my hair or look presentable for a long time either. But really, if I could do it over, my entire 6th grade and middle school years would be it. I made stupid decisions, lost a few friends (some my fault, some not), I got made fun of for the way I acted and looked... Oh, to do those years over.
Sunday (Day 17) was good. We went to church, made these really good BLTs for lunch (with basil and mayo), and ate dinner with the family. It was great.
Day 17 - Something that you're proud of
I'm proud of my husband. He works really hard - at school, at work, at home - I am just so proud of everything he's been able to accomplish since we've been married. He had a rough upbringing, and considering the person he's turned out to be and that he's done such good with his life, it goes to show that a good person can be made out of bad circumstances.
Monday (Day 18) was actually kinda difficult. I made an appointment for both boys with the pediatric ophthalmologist (kinda like optometrist, but they're the ones who do surgeries and stuff), and their appointment was yesterday. I took David in because when he had his tear ducts unblocked, they noticed he was really far-sighted. They wanted to check and see if his eyes improved at all. They hadn't. He needs glasses. Andrew needed the appointment because I'd noticed his left eye started to cross every once in a while starting a couple months ago. He got checked - his eye was crossing because he's ALSO very far-sighted. He needs glasses.
I know they'll be cute with glasses, I know, and I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it because it really isn't a big deal, but Jason and I were talking about it, and it just feels like a little part of their childhood is being taken away from them. Having bad vision and needing glasses at such a young age... how awful.
Day 18 - A problem that you have had
Having the motivation to clean my house, do the dishes, fold and put away laundry, vacuum, and do all the other monotonous things stay-at-home moms have to do on top of taking care of their children! My to-do list will never be done because it's all one big cycle.
Today (Day 19) has been pretty good. I took Andrew to the bounce house this morning, and it was pretty empty, which was perfect. When there are a lot of kids, they start kinda bowling each other over. Fortunately, this wasn't the case today. We came home, watched the little girl I babysit, and now we're just chilling while David takes his nap.
Day 19 - Five items you lust after
- Anything on my Treats board on Pinterest (I really tried to narrow it down so I could put a picture on here, but it was just too hard!)
- A library like the one in Beauty and the Beast (or like what I imagine the one in Pemberly would look like)
- A grand piano in my own music room
- A stomach that looks like this and not like this (and no, the second picture is not of my stomach)
- A Kitchenaid stand mixer
Secret: I think having two toddlers (well, a toddler and an almost-preschooler) is going to KILL ME. I don't have enough eyes and arms to keep everyone out of trouble, nor do I have enough patience to keep myself from snapping! Ahhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment