Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reading (author: Melody)

Recently, since I've found I have time on my hands at home, I've started to get back into reading. I used to read books for fun all the time when I was younger, mostly in the summers when I didn't have a whole lot of anything else to do. It makes me happy that I'm still finding books to read that entertain me.

For example, there are two books that I've recently read: The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale -



and Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen -



Really good books, I tell you. I have two other books checked out from the Rexburg library: This Lulluby by Sarah Dessen and The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. I might read the book our ward's relief society is reading for book club this month, Runaway by Clair Poulson, but I'm not sure yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this - Do you have any books or authors in particular that you recommend? Like I said, I have some time on my hands and want to read some good books! Let me know your favorites. (Other than Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia. I own all the books in both series and have read them all!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Madeleine L'Engle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. babywise is a great book :) Had my baby sleeping thru the night by 2 months!!!

    ReplyDelete